I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Falun Gong and the Horrors They Suffer For Spirituality's Sake

Following is a video courtesy of Falun Dafa Clearwisdom.net an educational site I hope you will take the time to watch it.

It is estimated that 2,862 practitioners have thus far been murdered or tortured.

To add to the horror, witness reveal that the horror of organ removal from live Falun Gong practioners goes on inside the Sujiatun Concentration Camp..also known as National Traditional Chinese Medicine Thrombus Treatment Center.




FreeVideoCoding.com

Falun Gong, a peaceful spiritual practice, was banned in China in July of 1999.
Since then, thousands of ordinary Chinese citizens have been arrested, jailed without trial, tortured -- even killed while in police custody. Police officers around the country are encouraged to use violence against Falun Gong practitioners. In some cases, they are even financially rewarded or promoted for each Falun Gong practitioner they brutalize.

Ms. Zhao Xin, a 32 year old Economics lecturer at the Beijing Technical and
Business University is just one victim. On June 19th, 2000, she was arrested in her local park for doing her Falun Gong exercises. Three days later, the police sent her to the local hospital with lacerations and bruises on her head and back. Three vertebrae in her spine had been crushed, rendering her unable to speak, breath or move from the neck down.

This call for support goes out to all kind hearted people in the world to help us stop the illegal and immoral suppression of peaceful Falun Gong practitioners in China. Your support can make a difference. If you would like to help, here are some suggestions:

In China, they get a promotion.
In America, the policemen
who did this would be arrested:
www.faluninfo.net

To find out more about the crackdown on Falun Gong in China, visit
Visit www.faluninfo.net for daily updates on the crackdown in China
Write letters to the Chinese government officials and/or Chinese consulate
Help us tell the truth about Falun Gong to the people around you
Invite us to present Falun Gong to your organization or community
Call for action from your local media, government or human rights organization.
Thank you for your concern and support. Every voice counts. For more information, visit
http://www.faluninfo.net, or call 1 (877) FALUN99 (toll free).


From Amnesty International USA:

The Falun Gong - a movement which combines teaching of meditation and exercises as a method to improve health and moral standards - was banned by the Chinese government in July 1999. The government, apparently concerned by the large number of followers in all sectors of society - including government departments, declared it was a "cult" and a "threat to stability" and launched a nationwide propaganda campaign against it. The campaign was described as an important "political struggle". Thousands of Falun Gong followers who attempted to protest peacefully against the ban or who continued to practice exercises were arbitrarily detained across China in the days and weeks which followed the ban. Many were reportedly beaten by police in the process. At least hundreds are believed to remain in detention. Some are now being brought to trial on politically motivated charges. They are likely to be sentenced to long prison terms after unfair trials.

Read more here!

As I read the information presented about the Fulon Gong, I couldn't help but think how lucky I am to be a citizen who is free from persecution in the United States for my religious beliefs. How would I feel, if instead of openly and proudly practicing my religion, I had to cower to the government's whims and hide in the darkness. No human being should have to renounce their spiritual beliefs for fear of death or torture.

Most agree that the Nazi terror would never occur in this day and age..because people wouldn't allow it.

Aren't we?

Comments on "The Falun Gong and the Horrors They Suffer For Spirituality's Sake"

 

Blogger bobby fletcher said ... (12:51 PM) : 

Andrea, have you looked into the veracity of Falun Gong's claims?

- The "Auschwitz" allegation promoted by Epoch Times NY has been discredited by US State Dept investigation:

http://usinfo.state.gov/xarchives/display.html?p=washfile-english&y=2006&m=April&x=20060416141157uhyggep0.5443231&t=livefeeds/wf-latest.html

- The hospital Epoch Times NY accused is a joint venture with a company affiliated with the Malaysian government. The place is open to the public and Malay officials have visited in previous years:

http://crc.gov.my/clinicalTrial/documents/Proposal/TCM_Stroke%20TrialProtocol%20synopsis.pdf

While I agree China's human rights issues should be examined, writing allegory of "Schindler's List" is not the way. Falun Gong's vivisection story IMHO is rehash of the 70's era anti-communist tall tale.

For a more sane and rational discussion of China's organ donation culture, issues, and challenges may I recommend the article by the British Transplant Society:

http://economistsview.typepad.com/economistsview/2006/04/involuntary_org.html

It seems not only is the issue of consent by the condemned debatable, the Chinese are debating it.

 

Blogger andrea said ... (3:57 PM) : 

The best freedom I have, as an American, is to speak my mind. I read your blog(s) and think enough comments have been left. (Although, I must point out I was married to a muslim and spent a month in a muslim country as an open, welcomed christian.)

You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. I also based my information (as linked) on from Amnesty International, to whom I belong and trust. I also have friends who are Chinese.

China is not the only country that I feel is allowing this type of prejedice and suffering based on bias such as gender, religious practices, lineage, etc.; this is the topic i chose to discuss.

As an individual who is allowed unlimited freedoms, it pains me to know that others do not have this luxury; that will not change. I proudly belong to a congregation the prays weekly for the Middle East, Africans and others experiencing terrible suffering.

I have blogged about a lot of other issues and hope you will take the time to read about them as well.

Maybe you will even click on http://www.thehungersite.com and help someone out while you are here.

 

Blogger bobby fletcher said ... (8:52 PM) : 

Andrea, can you show me where did AI ever talk about "vivisection" or "live organ harvesting"?

If you read my blog, I hope you saw the reply I got from an AI coordinator that said:

"In no way did we [Amnesty International] endorse the idea of the "Chinese Auschwitz.""

While I agree China's human rights violations should be examined, writing allegory of "Schindler's List" is not the way.

If we in the West can not be precise with the facts, only resort to nefarious indictment, why should anyone take what we say seriousely?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

Sunday service in Xinzheng,

So did the US State Department said that they view the allegations of human rights atrocities in China very seriously.

After 3 weeks since the organ extraction for profit in China was 1st exposed were the US representatives allowed to inspect the hospital.

3 weeks is enough to move everything out.

If the Chinese communists are that innocent, why reject the visas of independant investigators from Australia, US and UK wanting to investigate the organ extraction for profit happening in China today (after the Chinese Foreign Ministry welcomed investigators)?

I am Malaysian, and am ashamed that the government invested in the Shenyang hospital involved with organ extraction for profit.

I have also seen the documents, and the documents specifically mentioned that the Malaysian Health Ministry sponsored some researches on stroke and hypertension, not organ transplants.

Neither am I that gullible to think that the communists would show the Malaysian government its Illegal Organ Extraction for Profit projects.

Mr. Edward McMillan-Scott, a Vice-President of the European Parliament embarked on a three-day "journey of exploring the truth" in mainland China that started on May 21.

He described communist China as still "brutal and inhumane" and "a system of committing outrages at will."

Your recommendation of article from the British Transplant Society turned up with nothing anyway.

...and neither did AI endorse what you just wrote.

Andrea, good on you and AI. Keep up the great work.

 

Blogger andrea said ... (3:19 PM) : 

I still stand by what I said and will continue to do so..I personally for the last time did not ever mention "Schindler's List" nor refer to "Chinese Auschwitz". I am free, no matter how many times to seem to think I am not to make any comparison I want. Am I not correct that the common feeling towards Nazi's was that we were horrible to "allow it to happen" (you probably think that was made up too) ? As far as I can see there are atrocities going on all around us in this world and for the most part we seem to be more concerned with who the next American Idol is.

We allow Darfur, Sudan, Detainee's to be held for 2+ yrs with no charges, executions of minors, people to starve in our own county, racial profiling, prisoners of Conscience, torture and female genital mutilation just to name a few.

I suggest you go to the AI page specif to China at
http://www.amnestyusa.org/countries/china/index.do , but I'm sure that's all baseless as well.

I will not, no matter how many times you leave posts on my blog change my stand on this issue.

Tell me, did you click on the button to feed the hungry, or just rub your hands together in anticipation of a reply. You also never replied to the muslim comment.

Everyone does not have to agree with you..or will they, just accept that please.

My blog is supposed to be a means of getting people involved in working towards a more peacefull coexistence in this world. I will continue to highlight issues I feel strongly about and hope that readers will become involved in. I am not here to have wordy arguements with someone who I will never agree with. Please pick someone else who is enjoys arguing more. I do not have the time nor patience to further this discussion. There is something (from the AI page) I would like to leave you with, however.

About Human Rights

Human rights are the basic freedoms and protections that people are entitled to simply because they are human beings.

Human Rights are Universal
They belong to everyone, regardless of their race, sexuality, citizenship, gender, nationality, ethnicity, or abilities.

Human Rights are Inherent
We are all born with human rights. They belong to people simply because they are human beings.

Human Rights are Inalienable
They cannot be taken away – period. No person, corporation, organization, or even government can deprive another person of his or her rights.

Human Rights can be Violated
Although they are inalienable, they are not invulnerable. Violations can stop people from enjoying their rights, but they do not stop the rights from existing.

Human Rights are Essential
They are essential for freedom, justice, and peace.

Brad, I very much appreciate your post. Recently we had a show at the Philadelphia Museum involving cadavers obtained from China. They were questioned about whether or not the bodies were obtained from prisoners and had actually investigated this before continuing with the display. This wacky report was from NPR another unreliable source.

Don't ever be ashamed because of what your government does..we are all responsible for our own actions, and you seem like a wonderful person. I learned long ago, after carrying around a lot of guilt for being of German descent, that I personally had done nothing wrong. I am proud of the person that I am, and that I am aware of and sensitive to others' suffering. I may not have a meaningfull post in life, but I will continue to post what I feel are important issues on my blog. If even one person is touched, it will be well worth it.

Your kind words mean a lot.

 

Blogger bobby fletcher said ... (12:31 PM) : 

Brad T, I'm afraid you fell for FLG's propaganda.

US State Deptartment's investigation started 2nd week of March, ended with the consular visit on 3/21.

Epoch's "3 weeks to vanish" is false. If as alleged 10,000 people including doctor nurses guards, all the equipment and facility - had at most 5 days to vanish undetected.

FLG's "Auschwitz disappeared" claim is science fiction.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

sunday service...pls dont post anymore on my blog. your own blog is the perfect place for your rhetoric. thank you.

 

post a comment