I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Deep thought Saturday...

what beautiful snapdragons these will become!
I spent yesterday afternoon on the internet reading about two things in particular.
The first was a very bizarre disease, Morgellons, which sounds to odd to be true. Apparently there have been cases reported in every state though. How amazing that I have never heard of this. I read tons of magazines and the newspaper every day. Not a mention thus far. Like Fibro (which my mom has) the sufferers of this ailment were constantly being told it was their imagination. Recently a young man who had been diagnosed with it, actually took his own life to end his suffering.
It appears mostly in CA, FL and TX and seems to be very prevelent in people who get multiple Lymes infections. Lesions appear on the body and actually produce biological fibers that grow out of the lesions. They may be white, black, blue, red or other colors and some patients seem to have black seedlike things "bleeding" from the lesions. In addition to this they are constantly plagued by the sensation of bugs crawling under their skin as well as chronic fatigue. There is no cure and the cause is unknown.
Now, I'm not a conspiracy theory person by any means, but there are questions as to whether or not bioterorism is to blame. Another theory has to do with a previously undiscovered organism, which by destroying the environment, we have awoken to wreck its havok.
Just some food for thought. The link to the page is here: Morgellons Reasearch Foundation
I spent the rest of the day reading about Human Body Part Harvesting in Chinese Prison Camps. I plan on dedicating an entire blog to this. In particular, the Chinese government is targeting practicioners of Falun Gong. They are a peacefull group of people who apparently threaten the Chinese government simply because of their growing numbers. I will also be including a video that was shown on the governemnt run Chinese News Station of an apparent self-imolation, which seems, under scrutiny, completely staged, and whose only purpose was to turn the majority of chinese against known practicioners of Falun Gong.
What a travesty for the chinese and for humanity in general. I will leave this topic, as I said, though for an entire blog, because I feel very strongly that it is merited.
Ah what a way to start the day. It does weigh on my heart heavily, but also reminds me just how lucky, we as americans are to live in a country that does not persecute based on religious practices.....well not the government anyway.
I guess when we pause for silent prayers tomorrow in church...I know who I will be thinking of.
Have a great, thankful day.

Comments on "Deep thought Saturday..."

 

post a comment