I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Monday, May 01, 2006

my hands they are my own

Oddly enough I love to garden without gloves. Touching the earth, to me, is a beautiful thing. Obviously, I am not, nor will I ever be a girly manicure and coiff girl. That's okay with me.
Dave and I worked for hours on the back yard and I am thrilled with the results.

A lot of people believe that you have to be in or at a church to have a connection with God. I do not subscribe to this belief. When I was really filthy this Sunday digging in my potting soil, I felt an awesome connection. I am holding life. This rag tag little fuzzy ball of a bulb will end up being a beautiful flower, come summer. How wonderous a thing that is!

At the end of the day when I glanced at my herb and mini vegetable garden, albiet small, I was filled with elation at the thought that I was going to be eating what I had grown, chemical free this summer. It just tastes sooo much better. (This year finds 2 types of lettuce, spinach, 2 kinds of peppers, cherry tomato, basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley, marjoram, chives, sage and something I am sure I have forgotten). If my attempt at canning pans out, I will be eating MY tomato sauce this winter and MY salsa this summer! I plan on drying the herbs to use as well. Lavendar will be added. I am riding a wave of glorious euphoria!!

I do not need to be in or at a Church or even praying to feel close to God...I am closest when my hands are pocked with dirt and full of life!

Go ahead, get dirty...it's a lot of fun and you might just find yourself smiling the whole while.

and don't forget...help feed others not so fortunate!

Comments on "my hands they are my own"

 

Blogger Matthew May said ... (10:03 AM) : 

You make getting dirty sound like a lot of fun lol. :)
Unfortunatly I can't stand the feeling of dirt or dust on my hands.. it's a flaw probably but I always have to wear gloves or else I find myself washing my hands every 5 minutes lol. :)

 

Blogger andrea said ... (12:26 PM) : 

you probably have nicer hands then i do! lol. the anticipation of homemade tomato sauce is what compels me!

 

post a comment