I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

busy bee (ala best in show)

While spending too much time surfing yesterday, I found some fun links. They are at the bottom of the post.

Please let it be known that I did also get several hours of housework done as well as make Dave Meatloaf, corn & mashed pots for dinner...mmm diner food! I am currently obsessed with cleaning. Specifically my white linoleum kitchen floor. This is bad because it will never ever be clean. I have a dog who I love dearly who loves to run in and out of the backyard all day. I must sweep it at least 3 times a day and always end up with a pile of dirt and hair. Grant you I spent 1 1/2 hours cleaning it yesterday (ocd) and this morning it has doggie footprints on it. Oh well.

I did discover an amazing cleaning product. The magic eraser sponges rock! I think I used 6 of them yesterday. Every cabinet surface, the dishwasher, refridgerator, marks on the floor and the baseboards. I even cleaned the top of the fridge and the stove controls. I don't know whats in these things but they actually work like the commercial says. Now if only they'd work on carpet spots!

I'm home for a couple of days and have been whittling away at my "to do" list. Today is:
sweep again
try to get the stupid sneaker marks off my floor
strip the bed
clean my bathroom (i think i have 25 bottles of shampoo and that many bars of soap in there)
clean or recover my white livingroom footstool (dog w/wet feet barking at the aquarium)
my bedroom closet (better set aside about 3 hours for that one)
donate clothes
Make soup for 10 fand a ricotta pie for church tonight

I'm saving tomorrow for finishing my bathroom. I have to goo be gone the adhesive on the floor and lay the new self stick black & white checkered tile and paint the old paint that shows with the new smaller vanity we put in. Lastly, I have to empty the medicine cabinet (groan) and put the new one up. I will, in the near future, have to get new baseboards because the ones in there now abutted up to the old vanity.

Friday is get rid of crap day. I swear that there has been this one box with miscellaneous junk in it sitting there for 2 months. I also want to use the edger vacuum to get the nice little carpet of hair at the edge of all the rooms and the places the regular vacuuming doesn't get.

Saturday is yardwork..finally get the fill dirt laid and my herbs and veggies planted. Dave will help with that.

Sunday is church and the diner afterwards..we usually do absulutely nothing else on Sundays which I like.

Monday, which is my last day off I'd like to get in the spare room and go through all those boxes packed away in there and donate or throw stuff out!

It has actually been so liberating doing spring cleaning!

Well here are the links I promised:

check your refund here:

church sign generator: you can type anything you want on the sign!
beautycheck: research showing what is conceived as attractive & unattractive facial features.
gorgeous, bizarre, thought provoking photographs: see the human form blended with animals, etc. they use real human models and morph them ... amazing talent.
brainyquote: really neat reference site. links for atlas, zip, geography, dictionary, encyclopedia, history, music and translation.
census bureau: I found out there are people in Woodland Township (NJ Pines) near me that actually still use wood for heating and several houses with no kitchen, bathrooms or phones..actaully made me sad. It is fun to check out how your income, housing costs and commute compare to other people in your area.
frank's hot sauce recipes: I made this and let me tell you...it was awesome.
allrecipes: I think I should buy stock in this company..amazing recipe site.
and lastly don't forget the hungersite!!!!!

Have fun surfing...time to roll up my sleeves and get started!!!

Comments on "busy bee (ala best in show)"

 

post a comment