I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Friday, April 14, 2006

Morning Has Broken

(taken in my back yard at 6 am this morning-pretty isn't it?)

"Morning has broken,
like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the word
Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlight from heaven
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where His feet pass
Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play Praise with elation,
praise every morning God's recreation of the new day."

(the link above will play the song)

I have always loved this song. We sang it in church recently and I really had to restrain from breaking out into the style of Cat Stevens! Its funny, but now that I don't sleep, it has taken on a whole new meaning. I am hopeful with the start of each new day. Now on the surface, this comment obviously seems directly related to the lack of sleep, however it goes much deeper.
(but yes when you are so very alone wide awake..dawn seems an eternity away)
I am very thankful with each new day for much more spiritual reasons.

Every day I am presented with the opportunity to be a better person. I have made an effort to find a minimum of one positive thing in a situation or person every single day. It may be someone letting me go first in line or discovering some new bud in my garden. All too often we concentrate on the negative, and have no problem sharing this with everyone around us. Why not do the same with positive thoughts.

oh boy...I failed already today...had a tiff with my husband at breakfast...I need to really get a good nights sleep - I'm turning into a beastette!

This is how I feel right this instant - me looking at the world from the outside-
I will repeat to myself "let it go" until I am in a better mood

Comments on "Morning Has Broken"

 

post a comment