I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Quiet Please

Things to do at 4am when the house is silent

Until something is missing from your life, you do not realise how precious it is. In my case it is sleep. It is amazing how quiet the house seems when you are the only one awake. Correction: the house is quiet, my mind is too loud. I have had insomnia on and off since I was in my teens. Just for fun throw night terrors and teeth grinding into the mix. If only I could determine the root I would banish it to hell. This may sound melodramatic to someone who has never suffered from the grip of insomnia, but let me tell you sleep deprivation is not pretty. It makes me a tad grumpy and I start forgetting important things. Ambian and Tylenol PM cannot even tame this beast. Of course I fall asleep but....boing its 4am and I am wide awake. I am even convinced that because at precisely 4 to 4:30 am consistently I awake, this has some symbolic meaning. See, it makes you nuts.

Last night, I thought choir practice was after the 7 pm service, but no, it was before and I missed it. I felt like such an ass. I'm losing my mind.

The baking went swimmingly well and I was able to knock out about 9 dozen pfeffernusse cookies, 24 zucchini bread cupcakes and 2 loaves of zucchini bread. I was toying with the idea of making some maccaroons, but am too tired. I was up from 4:30 to 6:15 and went back to bed till 7 am. I have to get dressed..oh yeah and showered, so I can drop the stuff off at work (on my day off) for the bake sale. When I get home I have cleaning to do ... hmmm or play in the garden.

It is absolutely beautiful out today. The paper said it should reach 72! Can you believe that? I went out front when Dave left for work and, much to my delight, there are some new flowers coming up..I forget what bulbs I put where. They might be red glads..what a fun surprise. Guess I'll just have to wait and find out.

I found some really fun blogs in the wee hours and will be listing them later today. Its amazing how much time you can kill reading about other people. I guess its the voyour in all of us, though, that makes blogs so successfull!

Please pardon any misspellings, I am working with half a brain right now. Stay off the roads...I will be behind the wheel of my Element soon.

Peace

Comments on "Quiet Please"

 

Blogger Matthew May said ... (6:06 PM) : 

no problem with the mispellings, I work with half a brain most of the time. .. thank god for spell check ;)

 

Blogger sweatpantsmom said ... (2:10 AM) : 

I'm a night owl, too, and a late night blogger. I've probably been up writing while you've been baking cookies. If it makes you feel any better, I read an article recently that said most late-night people are exceedingly creative. So there.

(found your blog through BlogClicker. Good writing!)

 

Blogger andrea said ... (7:06 AM) : 

Thanks Matt! I haven't found any typos on your site ever! :)

 

Blogger andrea said ... (7:19 AM) : 

jennifer..i would love that. my husband and i love cooking! you really do have a lot of very nice recipes! i'll put yours on today.

marshatm...i looked at your profile..i think we have something here. i am a fellow type-a capricorn as well..hmmm. I tried to read the rest of your ipod story but it just stopped mid sentence...that's not fair. i will check back..and btw love the template!

 

post a comment