I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

What is a life, what is its value, and can we place a value on it?

For anyone that actually missed my blog...the hiatus is over..I've had a lot of personal things going on and have been otherwise occupied.

Anyhoo....I wanted to start by begging you please to see "21 Grams"! What is a life, what is its value, and can we place a value on it..is what this movie addresses..and yes I cried. The title refers to the amount of weight the human body loses at the moment of death..and I do believe it is our soul. I must say, for some reason, I cannot stand Sean Penn..I have no plausible reason..but that being said he wowed me in this movie. Naomi Watts is wonderful as was Benicio Del Toro..who blew me away. Be warned thought, that this film incorporates the choppy time line method..at first it is confusing, but very well worth it at the end when you see how everything comes together.

The main idea, without giving anything away is that every little occurance in our lives has a bearing on anothers. I was left emotionally drained at the end of the film and actually called Dave to tell him how much I love him and to be carefull driving home...yeah it does that to you. Makes you think about how very much the people in your life mean to you. A good reminder for all of us.

Ok..also been listening to Digital Fortress in my car and it makes me wish my commute was longer! Dave was kind enough to install the XM in my car but I can't waste a minute listening to it until this book is done!

I also got an Ipod Nano 4G..haven't used that in my truck either..but..have loaded a bunch of Hemingway stories and Girl with a Pearl Earring on it..hmmm wonder if I will ever listen to the XM...well it does have a public radio station so maybe I will.

Dave and I have both been getting up early and spending coffee time together, which I love. I recap the newspaper headlines to bug him while he is checking his schedule for the day and email..hehehe. As soon as he goes upstairs its onto the crossword and cryptogram...I'm obsessed with cryptograms lately....I do about 5-15 day..I have issues.

On my list of movies due withing the next couple of days are Sometimes in April (about Rwandan genocide) and Tokyo Story (An elderly couple journey to Tokyo to visit their children and are confronted by indifference, ingratitude and selfishness..) They are both movies Dave won't watch LOL. He accused me of getting movies that never have anybody smiling on the boxes..maybe I'm stuck in a restrospective mood..And as far as making fun of me for even going to the library big rasberry to ya Dave...I love going to the library so there! I fully admit to being a full fledged nerd..and that's okay. I recently took an IQ test and scored somewhere between 125 and 140..(not telling)..so it must be paying off..

fancy that..a blonde with a decent IQ LOL.

Have a great day all!

Comments on "What is a life, what is its value, and can we place a value on it?"

 

post a comment