I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Lent

MY KITCHEN IS ACTUALLY CLEAN!!
Just wanted to post a pic of it while it is so I can look back and remember it.....

Well Dave & went to church last night for an Ash Wednesday and it was really nice. I had a reading to do, which I am getting less nervous about doing. It follows:

READING FROM ST. JOHN CRYSOSTOM

Christ was sacrificed to bring peace to the things ofheaven and earth, to reconcile you with the God of the universe and make you his friend. What the Son of Godhas done in this way, you must do too, as far as your human strength allows, by being a builder of peace both for yourself and for others. That is why, at the moment of sacrifice,the only commandment of which he reminds you is to be reconciled with your sister and your brother.

Our Pastor explained that in the tradition of the Jews, before you ask God for for forgiveness, you must ask your sisters and brothers, or your friends. They are to go to each of their friends and ask if they have done anything hurtfull to them during the previous year, and if so, ask for their pardon.

What a cool idea....I wonder if I'd have the guts to do this???? I might not like if it I got a yes.... would you?

Dave & I have decided that for Lent we are not going to curse. First thing he wants to know of course is, are there exceptions...does damn and crap count...oh lord! haha. He has also decided that during "together time" cursing shouldn't count. what a guy thing to say :)

On this note we designated an empty tea pot as the penalty pot. For every transgression there is to be $1 put in the pot. Can you believe that Dave spent $4 before even leaving for work! I am guilty of donating $1..but in my defense because I asked Dave if he said something he claims he didn't...I don't know if I buy that...

All the money in the jar at the end of the 40 days will be donated...church or shelter may get a new wing if we keep it up at this rate...a particular phrase has a $3 levy.

Hope everyone is having a great day...I'm off to fix the sink again.

Comments on "Lent"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 PM) : 

Hi!! your blog is very good!
sorry for enslish! webmiss of http://webmiss.net

 

Blogger andrea said ... (9:26 AM) : 

thank you so very much! I love your site :)

 

post a comment