I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

HOLA

What I'm working on...
As I said before, my neighbor wanted me to turn my beading to making lanyards. We both work at places that require employees to have ID on at all times, and our lanyards are boring. Dawn said a co-worker of hers told her to get me to make some and they would buy them. Well this is my first one. I wore it yesterday to work to try out the weight (its obviously heavier than a cloth one) and got the same reaction where I work. I have decided to buckle down and come up with design ideas. This could be a lot of fun and a good side job. I probably won't be selling on ebay again, because I ended up sucking up a lot of costs when my last listed items didn't sell. I think I'll wait till they run a seller special.
I also need to bone up on how to do a raffle. I'm going to register for a fundraiser for the South Jersey Food Bank, and they suggested a raffle was a great way to get more people interested. My friend (different one) Dawn and I are working on it together. We have things to raffle, but I don't know if i should just do a brochure of the items we are auctioning and pass it around with the form or have the items at my desk for people to look at.
I'm also talking to my congregation about it, which is harder yet becuase its from a podium up front...how the heck do I present the items there? Mom is a Soroptomist and they do a lot of fundraising, so she has graciously offerered to lend me a hand with the project planning.
Three cool things happened yesterday...
I've lost my first 10 lbs..900 more to go LOL
I talked to Butterworth! He's so awesome...HAHA told ya I'd mention you!
I talked to Fergie...someone I was great friends with about 20 years ago...still has the same goofy grin...(Fergie your site left me speechless!) haha
You may have noticed that I have stopped posting on the Cryptogram and Useless Fact board..nobody was reading it...I'm still doing the daily cryptogram so if there is an iota of interest from anyone I will resume them...let me know.
Lastly, my laptop is headed for hell.....I have a dirty sector and will have to wipe it out...screen of blue death has been more frequent and we keep having to use a boot disc..so this has also contributed to less blogging. Ok Dave, you were right and yes we will be wiping it out this weekend...
Don't forget to go to THE HUNGER SITE daily and click to help the hungry!
Have a great day!

Comments on "HOLA"

 

post a comment