I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Sad Day For Dave & I

It is with a very heavy heart that I am blogging today. Unfortunately, Georgia wouldn't let up on Da Vinci and we were not able to keep her. We had an extremely tough decision to make. After 2 full days of crying (I look like I have pink eye in both eyes), we took Georgia back to the orphanage.

Problem we had were: She wouldn't stop jumping on Da Vinci; mini dog fights ALL DAY, She wouldn't stop nipping us, went at a guest of ours and was causing a strain on our entire household. Dave & I were even arguing constantly, because of the tension in the house. I can't risk my marriage for a dog.

I went with Dave last night and we both lost it. We did make a large donation on her behalf and my employer will match it. We have also decided to sponsor her on an ongoing basis. Thank God, it is a no kill sanctuary and we have both prayed she will find a good home that can handle her. We both agreed that if we didn't have Da Vinci, things probably would have been a lot different. They just didn't like each other. He was actually hiding behind Dave & I cowering and ducking in her crate to get away from her. I may end up volunteering at the Orphanage where she is. I thought it would be more difficult for me, but the staff told me it may actually be good for me because I would still be able to visit her and work with her in the yard to help her get adopted.

The night before we made the dicision, I prayed before I went to sleep that Dave & I would be able to know what to do and also have the strength to follow through.

I know that doing the right thing is usually not easy, but I know we did the right thing. Isn't that typical of life in general? Just doing the easy thing is, well easier, but if we are to live a life doing what we believe in, we are going to be met with constant challenges. This is where my faith comes into play. Andrew told us last week, in his sermon, that there was never a promise living life the right way was going to be easy.... I guess this experience has shown Dave & I that. I am thankful for the lesson, and know, that if we made it through this, we are stronger people..and I am glad for that.

Comments on "Sad Day For Dave & I"

 

post a comment