I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Lets try this again...

Darn, first blogger acts wacky, then Comcast is down.

From my notepad :)

My first post went bye bye...

Dave and I are going to meet a possible new sister for Da Vinci today! Here is her page on petfinders:

Today I posted a lot of links that I really hope you will visit! There is a large button at the top as well as an entire new section "Get Involved" on the bottom right side.

The botton at the top works this way:

You click on it and a sponsor donates. Their page has links for Child Healthcare, Breast Cancer, the Rain Forest, Literacy and Shelter Animals. Each one donates something different. The Breast Cancer site, for example, will donate towards covering mammograms for each click.
My hope is that the information provided will shock you into acting. I was horrified when I visited the Anti-Slavery.org page and read the statistics as well as reading that approximately every 30 seconds someone in the world (Yes, including the US!) dies of starvation.

As a young adult I always dreamed of joining the Peace Corps, but without a college degree could not. In my present situation, married and older I cannot. I have always been hyper sensitive to suffering, and hope that both locally and via the internet I can help in some way. I feel that it is my duty, as a caring human and as a Christian. If I do nothing, I am no better than those who impose this suffering on others.

My desire is that by visiting these sites, you will also feel compelled to act.

Comments on "Lets try this again..."

 

post a comment