I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Superbowl Season at Church

Wow! I cannot believe how incredibly busy we will be between now and Easter. I've been away from church from far too long and have suddenly found myself increasingly involved in our adopted church since we joined six months ago. I've also found out how much fun and work it can be.

We have something going on every night starting Palm Sunday. Dawn, my neighbor, and I got guilt tripped into singing with the choir for Easter...and quiete honestly...we stink! But we had a lot of laughs in between the cat noises I produced last night. I swear the choir director Patty was scrunching up her nose directly at me with a very painfull look on her face. It hurt me more. My plan is to stand near someone really loud.

A lot of the guys, mine included, were there this past Saturday digging a huge hole to erect a new sign out fron. It was at least 5' deep and 4' wide. I think dave has finally recovered.

I had asked why we weren't in our local listings in the Friday services page and have found myself volunteered to handle it. A shout out to Amy at the Burlington County Times. Very nice person and awesome to work with. Hey can I say I'm published now?

The really neat part is that everyone there is like minded about being generally nice people and helping others. Its great to be part of a group like that! I'm talking to them about getting a bunch of us together in the spring to go volunteer for a day at the South Jersey Food Bank. I plan on continuing to work with the Food Bank after my fundraiser at work, because I believe so strongly in what they are doing. They work with Second Harvest. They are the closest thing I could find locally to the SHARE of S. CA that I used to work with that is a reasonable distance to my residence.

This is a win-win..I get to use my old fundraising and admin skills that have gotten dusty as well as learn new organizational and teamworking skills with a great group at church who have such wonderful combined talents from all different backgrounds. Couldn't ask for more.

Yet the wheels still turn...what else can I do? I promise to annoy you with the answer..soon.

Don't forget to visit

Comments on "Superbowl Season at Church"

 

post a comment