I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Monday, April 17, 2006

Things are looking up

I don't care if it is a temporary thing...because I feel great today..and I don't have time for a therapist!

I hope everyone had as teriffic a weekend as I did! Busy, but fun.

Saturday morning was breakfast with the Easter Bunny. He stopped by our church for pancakes before his busy weekend. The kids were just too cute. One little boy wouldn't get off his lap and actually fell asleep there.

Sunday started with choir practice before the Easter Service, which was extremely well attended. I think it was triple normal attendance (wink wink). Later that day was Julia's 4th birthday party and Easter dinner at mom's house.

It is so thrilling to watch a 4 year old get so worked up about cake (she was allowed to stick her finger in the big flower) and presents. She shrieked every time she opened a gift. I never get tired of the munchkin's excitement over everything..and I mean everything. Mom got the kids battery powered bubble blowers, and you would have thought they were just handed the world. Kids' giggling is so infectious!

Tons of stuff to do including planting a lot of herbs and flowers. I had my own organicly grown chives in my eggs for breakfast and it was soooo good. I can't wait until the spinach gets going. I have oregano (too much), sage and chives from last year. I got 2 kinds of lettuce, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, parsley and strawberries this weekend. I also have the weeping pussy willow, hyacinths and white daffodills (sp?) to plant. The morning glories and red glads are starting to shoot up as well as a bunch of lilies.

I was aboslutely surrounded by happiness and tremendous rebirth this weekend. That's why I am in such a good mood! I think I needed things put into proper perspective...what a wonderful way to have it happen.

I do realize how truly blessed I am. I hope you are too!

I leave you with a beautiful hymn we close with every week while holding hands:

"Farewell, dear friends, stay safe, dear friends, have peace, have peace.
We'll see you again, we'll see you again, have peace, have peace."

Comments on "Things are looking up"

 

post a comment