I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Yumm Yumm!















I'm thinking SALSA & tomato sauce!
I brought these in from my container garden last night. This leads me to a food post! I found some great sites for recipes and budget cooking.
The first, and my favorite by a longshot is:
You can even do an advanced search by ingredients you want and don't want. This is great for leftovers or that thing in your fridge you want to eat but don't know what to do with. They also have sections for special diets like diabetic and low fat for example. You can also save recipes in a virtual box if you sign up for a free account.
Second place goes to:
Recipezaar.com If you sign up for free here, you can also get a free recipe box and post. Only downside is the 24 hour wait for your own recipes and photos to post.
Cooks.com and The Food Network site are two others I use a lot.
Last night I stumbled upon the Cooking Light site. I left a magazine at work and was trying to find a recipe. Really good, healthy ones here.
Now for some fun ones that have to do with budget cooking and general budget tips. Some of them even break the meals down into cost per serving. Most of them also have tons of other tips that are really usefull. One even has, oddly enough, a recipe for homemade baby wipes.
There is a grassroots movement of people who are giving and getting stuff for free in their own towns. Its called Freecycle and can be found HERE.
Another neat one is Craigs List. I start here at New Jersey, but you can navigate to any state. Same idea as Freecycle but has barters, jobs, etc as well.
I'll try to add some more later today, but wanted to share this great list with eveyone. I really need to work on the spend less thing myself...I'm more motivated after getting my copy of Hungry Planet and seeing how much less I could live very comfortably on. The consumer in me is a bad, bad influence.
I am off tomorrow and plan to make some changes on the blog so it loads quicker. I also have put together an outline for my next podcast and am really excited about it...its going to be a good one!
I hope everyone has a great day! Its only supposed to be in the eighties today so it will feel great outside! Yeah finally a break from the heat.

Comments on "Yumm Yumm!"

 

post a comment