I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Saturday, July 22, 2006

I bought one!

I couldn't resist buying one of the photos I posted yesterday. I decided on the "Fat Girl" photo.


This is the Bio photo of the artist lightleaks.
Her gallery, yes I know - again, is at www.lightleaks.etsy.com

There are two more photos by the same artist that have me completely under their spell.


"Cant be kept Quiet" ... wow does this ever make
a statement. She may not have even intended to
but to me this screams about the horrors
inflicted upon someone who cannot protest.

"Bound and Broken" This is another that says
the same to me. I think I have to have it!
Okay I think I "need" both of them. Hopefully
they will inspire and motivate me to become
more involved in the issues I feel strongly
about.

This goes to show the awesome power of photography. I hope to some day get half as good as she is. In the meantime..I'm so drawn to her work.

Okay here is something totally stupid. Someone told me that you can tell a lot about a person by what is on their iPod. I am such a major dork! Here's what's on mine:

Podcasts:

NPR: A Way with Words, Books, Food for Thought, Radio Expeditions, Rick Steves' Audio Tours, The Onion Radio News and Corporate Watchdog;
WBUR: Here and Now, WHYY's Radio Times with Marty-Moss Coane, Digital Photography Tips, Photoshop Killer Tips and The Changing World from the BBC.
Brick Films shorts.

Music:

Albums - Damien Rice: "O" and "B-Sides" and James Blunt: "Back to Bedlam"

Books:

Thomas Mann: Death in Venice, John Grogan: Marley and Me, Isak Dinesen: Out of Africa, Emile Zola: Nana, Joel Osteen: Your Best Life Now, Fyodor Dostoevsky: Crime and Punishment, Leo Tolstoy: War and Peace, His Holiness the Kalai Lama: The Art of Happiness, Nathaniel Philbrick: Mayflower, Stephen D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner: Freakonomics and The Autobiography of Martin Luther King.

I really have discovered what a total nerd I am! HA HA...I'm okay with it though.
Maybe I'll add some ACDC or some Portishead so I can feign coolness....nah I can always borrow Dave's iPod.

Tonight I am working 5-9pm and I am prepared for super busy. That and being watched like a hawk. We have to code out of our phones to go to the bathroom (yes that's what I said) at the call center where I work (can't say the CO). Well people typically code out and run downstairs for about 3.5 minutes if they smoke sometimes after a really bad call. Now they have decided that, if they catch a worker doing this, the first time is a warning and the second possible suspension without pay. A co-worker was seen by a manager who called another. Someone actually ran the length of the building trying to catch him and was upset that they didn't. Now I cannot usually get a supervisor's help when I need it and they are running, full speed mind you, trying to catch someone who is not actually urinating when they say they are? Oh Lord I need a new job so bad.

I was sick in July and told also, (I literally laughed inside) that if I am more than 2 minutes late 3 times or sick between now and JANUARY 2007, I may face a "step" on the absence plan and possible suspension. Gee I wonder how many days I could get.

Man is it time to look for a new job. No wonder people who had a job like mine outsourced complained about it being too stressfull.

I am a very petty person and plan on going to the bathroom every 30 minutes while I am at work tonight. I am acknowledging the pettiness of this action already..I know it is wrong :) Maybe I will take some reading material with me...nah that would just be evil. I am a brat but I'm not evil.

Well maybe a little.

Comments on "I bought one!"

 

post a comment