I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Friday, July 21, 2006

Amazing Talent!



First I am ashamed of my spaghetti and meatball binge last night! Guilt doesn't begin to cover it. LOL...okay today is the first day.

I am working on a presentation of some great stuff I found on the internet having to do with Freecycle, etc. but stumbled on another really cool site I wanted to tell you about.
Etsy.com is like Ebay for artists. Being a photographer myself I was thrilled with this idea. Well in looking around I came across an artist whose work just blew me away. No other word but amazing for this Southern Florida gal. Thought provoking would be an understatement in describing her work.

Please take some time and visit her gallery and website. She has requested no hotlinks to her website so I'll just provide the address: caryndrexl.com

What I love about her work is this. It's not cupcakes and flowers..it's reality with a dark edge. I think the goal of any artist - writer, photographer or painter is to make the viewer step back and think. So, while her work has a dark edge to it...it throws you reeling into reflection. That's talent baby!

I'm posting two of her photos; each link to her gallery.

I'm just trying to decide which ones I'm going to buy :) hmmm I wan't one of each! Thanks for the inspiration caryn!

Comments on "Amazing Talent!"

 

post a comment