I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Thursday, July 13, 2006

giving it a whirl

All this week I have been working from 10-2, which is much later than usual for me. As a result, I find myself walking in the door, after running errands on the way home, much later than I regularly do. Thus the lack of blogging this week.

Today, I'm going to try something different. I activated the feature whereby I can post via email from work (not that I'd ever do that on work time :)

If all goes well and the feature works properly...stay tuned for an afternoon post.

Last night at the world religions class we are holding at church we finished part 2 of Islam. We ended up having a wonderful Socratic discussion about the Shariah and Talmud. I really had forgotten stimulating debates can be! It really makes me miss the college classroom setting and the interaction that accompanies it. It also makes me realize all the stuff stored in my brain that is getting dusty. Alas, I am quickly becoming a lame-brain. LOL.

The conclusion I have reached, is that the crosswords and cryptograms will no longer suffice as my sole mental stimulation. Time to pick a class this fall at my local college! The online courses are way to easy and lack challenge and interaction. The fun part will be choosing a class. I'm leaning towards something like Anthropology. Physical Anthropology had to be one of the most difficult and rewarding classes I have ever taken.

We all look back at thing we "should have done" and for me being talked out of a dig in Mexico at the invitation of my professor was, and will always be, the big one for me. Not again. Thus the benefit of the gray hairs I have been lamenting over finding lately. With age and life experiences comes knowledge..hopefully.

Time to grab the bull by the horns once again. I am thinking Cultural Anthropology this time or perhaps a Psychology course. I just finished my most recent issue of Psychology Today..and couldn't put it down. Not that anyone has an interest in which I choose, but I will let you know.

Hmmmm... this wasn't supposed to be a blog...it was supposed to be a "I'll blog later" thingy, but I will still try the posting from work.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day..and don't let the butt heads get you down!

Comments on "giving it a whirl"

 

post a comment