I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Monday, July 24, 2006

I can't wait to play with my food!


Every week after church Dave and I eat lunch out. It's our family day, so aside from things that really need to get done, we spend it in a very leisurely fashion. We usually go to the same diner (with the same waiter even) every week with the neighbors. They didn't go to church yesterday, so Dave let me pick where we would eat. Yippee! There's a new sushi place I've been wanting to try..so Akira it was. For anyone in Burlington County, NJ they are in the 7 Eleven shopping center in Mount Laurel, NJ.

It has a nice decor to it with marble floors, a chery wood sushi bar and mustard yellow walls. Dave doesn't like bar seats, so we chose a table.

Here's my quick review before I get to the point..yeah there actually is one :)

Appetizers were:
Miso-awesome
Salad-awesome ginger dressing with a lot of carrot shreds
Beef Gyoza Steamed with Plum Sauce- Stole one of Dave's really good and tender
Piyo Piyo Stick-I picked this (coconut milt marinated chicken grilled /served with a peanut sauce) okay the sauce was awesome; I could taste a lot of curry which I love, but unfortunately the skinless chicken was hard on the outside - bit overdone. It was tender inside though once you got through the "shell".

Dinner:
Sushi Deluxe (me) Stunning presentation and really good. Tuna rolls were excellent. The only minus was that the shrimp was a bit tough and had a pre-frozen kinda taste to it.
Steak Teriyaki (Dave) Another stunning presentation. The teriyaki sauce was incredible as was the cut of beef. Garnish was gorgeous. Tried a bite and the meat was so tender, it was like a steakhouse cut.

Okay....here's my point finally. I am supposed to take my sushi for lunch but it's so beautiful I plan on taking some macro shots of it before I eat it. I'm actually taking something else to eat so I can take photos of my food. Sushi has to be the most beautiful form of food on the planet. See how wacked the artistic mind is.

I'm working till 2pm today..can't wait to post later this afternoon-pics and another great site I found - the Freecycle I mentioned.

Have a great day and be safe.

Comments on "I can't wait to play with my food!"

 

post a comment