I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Friday, March 04, 2005

happy again...:)

i don't know why i was so blah on my last post. i didn't even end up listing any jewelry on ebay. I messed around with the web site, did groceries and mad cleaned the downstairs. That's it.

Oh, Dave & cooked a really good dinner last night. The menu consisted of homemade rye bread, beef tenderloin butterflied and filled with garlic breadcrumbs & wrapped in bacon, and homemade macaroni & cheese. Everything came out awesome! Now i have a lot of leftovers that i will bring to work and feed to my co-workers. i love to cook more than eating what i cook. i think it's the preparation that is so much fun. i just got my first issue of cook's illustrated. The wheels are already turning for the next project.

On the same subject, i can't rave enough about the le creuset line of cookware. This stuff rocks! i love the fact that i am able to sear the meat stove top and put the whole thing in the oven to finish the roasting. Granted, it is heavy, but i can't find a single flaw with it. We have the bright red. It even looks good. It's funny, but i always used what i now refer to as disposable cookware. Since purchasing better cookware though, i have come to realize how much of a difference good tools make. i can never go back since getting all clad, le creuset, the kitchenaid mixer (yeah 6 qt. professional), wusthof knives and cuisinart gadgets. we cook A LOT and are not gentle on anything we use, and these brands never seem to show wear.

It's funny about the cooking together thing. Even if Dave & i are in the middle of a big argument, the minute we start working in the kitchen, we get so involved in the cooking, we stop forget what we were talking about. We don't share any other hobbies, so it's wonderful that we enjoy doing this so much together. i do still cook a lot on my own, and i am fine with the fact that dave wouldn't eat most of what i make for myself. The day he eats any Indian food or light alfredo chicken with asparagus & mushrooms, i will probably pass out anyway. In the meantime, i will continue to substitute light and fat free stuff when his back is turned! i want him around to bug for a very long time. It is a very good thing i work nights and don't see what he eats for dinner. i don't even ask anymore, because i cringe when he tells me. He is making progress though :) and i know he is trying. My sweetie.

He, in turn, has dubbed my present eating habits as the paris hilton diet. (i need work) Smoke, 1 meal a day and finish the day with a shot of vodka. i have lost 20 lbs since last year though. why, oh why, is the last 10 or 15 so hard! i was elated when my nurse said i had dropped this much since last year, right before avalon. she follows this by saying for my height, my goal is fine, but 10 less would be even better. here i've lost about 50 lbs since my heaviest, and am fitting into some 10's, and she says my goal is at the "high end of the charts" for my height. This is followed by telling me when i do hit that goal, we need to talk about the "smoking thing". Is this my mother or my nurse practitioner? i know she's right, but that doesnt mean i want to hear it, much less pay to hear it. oy vey!

now i'm thinking about some non-caloric food i can take for dinner.....

today, i hope everyone out there practices much better habits than i do!

Comments on "happy again...:)"

 

post a comment