I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

breathtaking

Breathtaking!

I have always felt that no matter how mundane life may seem, there is beauty in our everyday surroundings. It is just a matter of looking for them. Quite often, my spiritually is reinforced by what i observe in nature. Growing up at the shore, the ocean has always been a source of awe to me. I once had a job as a chambermaid at a shore motel. One of my favorite things to do was stand on the second floor balcony during the approach of a northeaster. Holding the railing and closing my eyes, i would just take in the rain pelting my skin and the wind blowing hard against my face. As violent as the storm was, there was a certain peace to nature's fury. i always thought it a shame people spent their lives looking for proof of a god, and here it is! Not in some miracle or some apparition on the side of a mountain, but in a good strong northeaster at the shore. what else could be so powerful? what else could restore the beach, the very next day, to an expanse of craggy sand with the waves gently lapping against it?

As i look outside this morning, i feel the same thing. Across the street there is a large wooded area. It is so incredibly beautiful blanketed in snow! My only regret this morning, is that by having to depart for work early, i am giving up the pleasure of grabbing the digital camera and romping in the snow, taking pictures.

So, it is with a slightly heavy heart that i take my leave and get prepared for work.

On a happy note, Dave told me that my dog is barking! For some odd reason, when i preview changes to the site, they don't always work, even thought they are fine on the actual web page. Go figure..

Hoping everyone stops today, even if just for a few seconds and sees something amazing!

Comments on "breathtaking"

 

post a comment