I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Friday, June 08, 2007

huh

I was able to see the surgeon yesterday for the cyst. I'm on antibiotics AGAIN. I hate those with a passion. Mainly because you already have something wrong and you get to add an upset stomach to it.

I was under the impression that when I was in the ER they removed a whole sweat gland to remedy the infection. The surgeon I saw yesterday told me differently. Not that I would have known what was done. The previous surgeon never sent the info to my GP and I was doped up on painkillers the whole day so it's a big blur.

The Dr. I saw yesterday said all that had been done was a lancing (which I had to dress open for about a month ouch). He said they cannot remove a duct while there is an infection. It can only be done as an operation once my infection is completely gone. There's something to look forward to in the fall :) He also told me I have two cysts and its next to the scar where I had the last one. I asked him if he could just do something to make it go away. Nope. Take the antibiotics and he will see me next Thursday. Lovely.

The nurse tried to convince me that was a good thing. She said had he lanced me again it would be more uncomfortable. Yeah okay.

I will say that everyone in the office was super nice. A friend recommended them and boy was she on target. I will have to super thank her. They say me a whole seven days before the other Dr. I made an appointment with, and they too were booked until next Wednesday.

Today we are having an employee retreat. Team building exercises. I usually hate those because you have to play silly games. I will be optimistic about it though. It is at a site I have been dying to see the inside of so that is pretty cool. Our local college built a Technology Center and it is supposed to be state of the art. I'll take my camera :)

I have an idea someone was up late playing WOW because Mr. Man has hit the alarm several times and is usually up by now. I guess fighting dragons is tiring work. I wouldn't know. The only games I play on my PC are Sims, Bookworm Adventures and Scrabble. We are each unique dorks.

On the diet front I roasted a chicken and ate way too much, so I am sadly a pound heavier this morning. That was dumb. I'm kicking myself now. The event today is providing breakfast and lunch. I forgot to put a freezer pack in so I'm trying to figure out how to do my shakes. I will probably just bring packs of mix and use the bottled water they provide. I'll bring a big bottle of water just in case they don't have it but I can't imagine they won't. I've decided I'll do six shakes today to make up for yesterday. I'll let you know if it works.

As I'm typing this I can't help but think that nobody will read it..and that's okay. I need to get back to the real reason for the blog. There are a lot of social causes I want to talk about and will get back to doing so. It's supposed to be a "smattering" of what's going on with me and full of what's going on the world. I need to return the blog to what it was meant for.

In the meantime please follow the link to EMPATHY, since Matt is doing just that and is a terrific read!

Toodaloo! and have a great day!

Comments on "huh"

 

Blogger Matthew May said ... (8:45 AM) : 

Andrea, good to have you back! Someone is always reading .. there are soooo many blogs out there, some personal.. some are just weird.. but everyones gets read at some point, I think whats most important is the content when someone does read it, what do they get from it. And everyone gets something different.

The Roasted Chicken sounded yummy :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 PM) : 

just thanks for your writin'

 

post a comment