I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 07, 2006

A bit fuzzy today

Still recovering from a hellacious migraine I had all day yesterday and a bit this morning. Of course I had no idea where my medication was either. Thank goodness I only worked 4 hours yesterday. I get the headaches from time to time but this one was a killer! At least there is usually months between those whammies.

This is the reason I am behind today. I needed to straighten up so bad yesterday and of course didn't..and well today..I'm slacking too. So I need to put another pot of coffee on and get ripping.

I submitted my previous podcast to itunes and hopefully it will pass their review. I was going to record a second one but the brain is still a bit too mushy for that. Instead I think I'll finish some of the cards for this weekend and maybe get started wrapping some gifts. One more shoebox to wrap and donate. Then it's on to Holiday cards. I only hope to see my actual dining room table surface by day's end.

Today I am thankful for several things; In no particular order they are:

1. The man who works the counter at my CVS. He is an awesome caring individual. He rushed my Midrin and even made sure there were water and cups so I could take it in the store. YEAH!
I plan on calling the store and telling them what a great employee he is. People should really commend as much as they complain. (and yes this is partly due to the fact that I work in customer service)

2. My friend Zerlina at work. She talked me into letting the fact that the (very nice) girl who did my highlights wrecked my new sweater. A 14$ clearance sweater isn't worth the aggravation or possibly getting her in trouble.

3. I'm not hungry today. Therefore I won't eat a lot and feel terrible about it later. Feeling icky has its advantages.

4. It is absolutely gorgeous out today!

5. Dave and I have each other. Okay and our puppy who we love to death.

6. Hopefully we will decorate our tree tonight!!!!! Maybe I'll make some cocoa to drink while we do so.

7. I'm finally physically (not virtually) volunteering and getting involved again. I recently started working with PICO, which brings people together to strengthen families and communities. From their site: "With more than one thousand religious congregations and one million families working in 150 cities and towns, PICO is one of the largest grassroots community efforts in the United States." I also met an awesome gentleman by the name of Bill who has invited me to get involved in a committee "Keep the Dream Alive" in Mt. Holly, NJ. I'm getting that great feeling back again.

8. Everything I need is provided for. I have had times in my life where it wasn't and really can appreciate it now.

9. That the man who smacked my truck hard with his car door didn't leave a dent.

10. Heat.

There! I wanted to come up with ten things I am thankful for today :)

Comments on "A bit fuzzy today"

 

post a comment