I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Friday, November 24, 2006

I'm still stuffed









Thank you to everyone who made Thanksgiving so TERIFFIC this year! The second photo was supposed to be first??? It shows how the day began..as soon as we got on the NJ Turnpike. The black and white was later in the day. I love the part of the day when everyone is done eating and sitting around talking.

The eve of Thanksgiving our church had a really nice service where we simply gathered, broke bread and well...gave thanks. It was really nice. My thanks are more abundant than ever this year. We need to remember that simply having a roof over our head, warmth and a place to lie protected at night is worthy and necessary to give thanks for.

I honestly believe that not having something at some point in your life makes having it later such a true blessing. Looking back years ago to Thanksgivings in San Diego, when I was by myself and couldn't afford to fly home, I remember volunteering every Holiday at St. Vincent De Pauls. That way I wasn't alone sitting home feeling sorry for myself. At the time I was there every Sunday for 4 or 5 hours and had really gotten to know a lot of the men at the shelter. So here I felt an extended family and the Shelter was usually short help on the actual holiday. We both won.

Now, much later I have a wonderful family, husband and life.....and yes a whole new appreciation for that gift. I know what I had and I know what I have and am thankful for both.

Please take some time to be Thankful! Our pastor made a good point at the service. The simplest prayer and sometimes the most powerful is only two words long....

THANK YOU.

Comments on "I'm still stuffed"

 

post a comment