I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

So symbolic


The more I look at this picture I took this past weekend, the more it makes me think. This hood ornament was perched atop a crumbling beauty of the past. While the rest of the Caddy seemed to be slowing becoming one with the earth, the ornament retained her shine and beauty. It reminds me of Death in Venice or Priscilla Queen of the Desert (I think). When the Drag Queen's necklace breaks, the rest of the group laugh an pronounce him dethroned. His answer is to put his false teeth on top of his head as a tiara..and retort "I am still queen".

Because I have been on the Abuse Survivor's site so much, it also evokes someone who is keeping up appearances for those around them. Could also be someone who is suffering from an addiction or affliction and hides it from those they love.

Maybe I'm just thinking to much or reading to much into things. When I take photos, usually tons at a time, I often am drawn to a few in particular which talk to me...It's like they are saying something, these objects, and it is my job to translate, because they have no voice of their own.

As I stood looking at this now decrepid hunk of metal, covering my nose to avoid the smell of mold...I couldn't help but gaze, transfixed, at the beauty of the queen on the hood, wondering what things she had seen.

Hmmm what will I see today....and will I appreciate it? I too, will be carrying a body which will be rusty and achy some day..and will need to rely on the joy I am feeling now. I remind myself of that all the time...I am really blessed and know that I will be a smiling old lady!

Comments on "So symbolic"

 

post a comment