I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Yay a 95%

Just finished American Government today. My final grade after the 7th exam was a 95%! Another reason for Dave to call me egghead. I also finished my first Web Design text and after the last test only got an 85%, which really got my shorts in a bunch.

Thus the lack of blogging this past week. Both are correspondence courses. The first I've been working on for about 1 1/2 years now; It's for an Associate's Degree in Paralegal; The second is a certificate course in Web Design which I just started. Honestly, the American Government course was really fascinating. And to think all these years I thought it would be a yawner. Boy was I wrong-loved it.

The other was just as much fun. This was was the groundwork for web design..basically a history of the evolution of the web. It started to touch on some hard coding which was a blast. I can't wait for the next book which gets deep into the html coding and starts with writing good text and some framing! I have been terrified of frames, so I'm looking forward to it.

Dave and I have decided to take a night class together in Dreamweaver. Now that should be interesting..LOL The brain is convinced the first statement by the teacher will be, "now what is the world wide web?"..we have a bet riding on it.

We are also going to take some cooking classes at our local Shoprite. It's super reasonable at $20 a class. The first menu is: Cruncy crudites and chili-spiced dip, santa fe firehouse style chicken wings, award winner's chili and molten mayan chocolate dip with fresh cut fruit. MMMMM. They limit to 12 people per class, so it should involve tons of hands on.

Tonight we are going to an Administrative Council meeting at church. This is a direct result of me opening my big mouth about having some ideas for the church at a recent meeting..will I ever learn? Our pastor was/is up for review as an elder and their was a review board in attendance. A lot of griping went on and I finally got upset and had to say something...so here I go to the meeting. We are going in observation mode tonight. I already opened my mouth too much. The activist in me wants a food pantry at the church. I don't think we give enough back to the area and there is such a need. Even a collection of clothing to redistribute at the start of school or a school supply give away would be nice. We'll see how it goes.

I've also committed to the WWIF meeting to convince them to send cards and gifts to MAC kids. The WWIF is the "chick group" at church. Each of th aforementioned meeting is only 1 day a month so it should be easy to fit in our schedule.

The last thing I've offered to do is help update the church website..that will be fun.

I'm still doing the volunteer moderating on Isurvive and putting the website together for the Masaba Rural Dev Organization in Kenya, so I'm pretty busy and LOVE IT! This is the whole reason I went part time at work :) I need to feel like I'm "part of the solution" and I feel that way now.

Anyway, now that I've finished the two courses and am waiting for my new books to arrive..its serious blog and podcast time again!

Dave didn't think I was getting out enough...happy hon????

Comments on "Yay a 95%"

 

post a comment