I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Friday, August 18, 2006

Black Beauty..work in progress


Still working on this one..the flowers are so dark they are hmmm..eggplant color. Gorgeous but hard to photograph. Recent overcast days aren't helping either. I'm dying for some natural sunlight here.

Last night I boiled 2 1/2 dozen eggs for work today...it's Salad Day. I peeled them this morning..well that's pretty much my morning lol. It's aggravating when the membrane won't seperate from the egg and you get a zillion little pieces of shell right before the egg breaks.

I had awesome eggplant last night. I found the recipe on my favorite site Allrecipes.com
You slice the eggplant and dip it in egg. Then you coat it in instant mashed potato flakes with some italian seasoning and salt and pepper before either baking or pan frying in olive oil. At the very end you sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese on it. WOW WOW! It really did kind of have a potato chip taste to it. I couldn't stop eating them. I made corn on the cob and baked fried chicken, but was almost too full to eat any.

I think the eggplant must have triptophan (sp?) like turkey because I totally crashed on the sofa after we ate. I woke up at 11:30 to Dave playing World of Warcraft. I felt so bad, but he told me it was fine because then he didn't feel guilty playing his game lol.

At least I have a great lunch to pack today..left over fried chicken rocks.

Later today I will be posting an awesome link my neighbor Dawn gave me. It lets you pick a card design and the company prints and mails it to a soldier oversees for free. Neato!!

Until later, I do hope everyone has a great Friday!

Comments on "Black Beauty..work in progress"

 

post a comment