I Blog for Human rights

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

trying to be part of the solution

    ArtWebLinks.com - A directory of artists and art related websites

    GlobeofBlogs.com - A Directory of World Wide Blogs

    Blog Directory & Search engine This is my Google PageRank™ - SmE Rank free service Powered by Scriptme

    Photoblogs.org
    View My Profile

    Subscribe with Bloglines

     Blog Top Sites

    www.flickr.com
    my garden andrealeev's my garden photoset
Google
 
Web andrealeev.blogspot.com

Friday, October 06, 2006

whoa baby

I have some serious organizing to do!

As I said earlier Dave & I had wanted to be out of the house more as well as more involved in our community. Ask and ye shall receive!

We are currently at church 2 or 3 nights a week. We have Wednesday night Bible Study (learning a lot!) and classes for membership as well as various things gearing up for the very busy upcoming holidays. The Holloween party is coming as is the annual bake sale, which is a blast.

This coming year will find Dave on the Trustees Board and me (I think) on Pastor Parish Relations Committee. They voted the other night, but we haven't heard officially yet. These positions start in January. I am also to chair an Outreach Committee which I am absolutely thrilled about...boy are the wheels turning! I plan of getting all my ducks in a row and coming up with some outlines of things I'd like to do along with a list of possible sponsors. Did I mention no budget LOL.

Also I'm still stopping in at ISurvive.Org as a moderator on Fridays and Saturdays. Kennedy and I are having a hard time getting in touch regularly as we work to build a website for Masaba Rural Dev. Organization. It's tough for him also with a sick family member. That's a lot on his plate..must email him today to see how he and his family are doing. I worry when I don't hear from him for a while.

On Mondays we attend the Culinary Workshop at Shoprite and are having a blast! I'm really learning a lot and have already duplicated some of the recipes at home. Cooking is so much fun.

I have to find some wiggle room for my photography (or I will lose my good rating on the photo contest site Soaphoto.com where I didn't post AT ALL last month) and Blogging and my Podcast.

Finally, I have one last test to turn in for the Web Design course before getting the final book. I will do that either this morning or this afternoon after work. I have yet to start my Tort Law for Paralegals course, but do have the book and hope to get the first test done before Monday.

So there you have it! I seem to be okay with the appointments, but am having trouble slotting specific times for the studying and Website, because they don't have a set time. I am working on that though..any suggestions would be welcome. :)

Today I am going to close the card and collection I've been sending around at work for a wonderful young woman whose birthday is early next week. She is truly amazing and an inspiration to me. Dave and I send cards every month for the kids on Make A Child Smile ,
but when I read about Kristina, I wanted to do something more. Go ahead and read about her; I'm telling you that you'll want to send her a birthday card! This is someone who truly is an example of what we should all be more like as we make our journey through life.
Click the picture for information about Kristina

Dave and I are hoping the rain stops today because there is a local Catholic Church having a super festival chock full of Polish food!! Pierogis and Keilbasa YUMMMMMM, oh and a clam bar! Crossing my fingers for dry by 5pm.

Well that's all (haha) for today. I hate being a Type A! My friend Anthony at work (my work husband who is exactly like Dave..Justice League included) says that it just means I found what I'm meant to do in life and should conside these activities my 2nd part time job. Maybe he's right. After several accidents I've had where I should have been kaput I always felt like there was a reason; something I was meant to do...hmmmm we'll see.

Have a wonderful day and stay safe in the rain.

Comments on "whoa baby"

 

post a comment